The Library’s mission is to make available and accessible to all interested users all existing information resources on the transport, communication and customs (from the Tax and Customs Authority – ATA) themes, contributing to the promotion and disclosure of national and local history, to the learning and investigation development, to the continual training and to the cultural and social progress of citizens.
The Library’s objectives are:
- Allowing access to existing information sources within its themes;
- Keeping users informed on information and resources sources;
- Cooperating with other AMTC’s services, other documental unities and institutions;
- Promoting knowledge in the transport and communication area;
- Promoting ATA’s documental legacy and the several areas of knowledge it frames.
Services available at the Library:
- In presence reading;
- Support and guidance of readers;
- Reference service – in presence or digital;
- Service of search and bibliographic information;
- Consult of digital catalogue;
- Possible use of personal computer equipment;
- Internet access;
- Home loaning;
- IL – Interlibrary Loan;
- Supply of digital information;
- Document copy (copies and scanning).
Consult the Library’s online catalogue- www.bibliotecaalfandega.com